Friday, October 28, 2022

Frugal Friday

 


What used to be the end of my work week (well for money) and now just another day in my life.

So, what frugal things have I been up to this week. Not too much new I am afraid to say. I am sure you are all getting bored reading the same things over and over. I have found a couple of new things though.

1.  I have found since our Shelter It is up I no longer have to start the vehicle and let it run to get the frost off the windshield. Saving gas for sure.

2.  My oven seems to have decided to take a vacation this week, so I have been using various appliances to cook our meals. I hope to save a bit on electrical costs.... Harvey figures he can fix the oven so I will let him give that a try.

3.  Processed some more of the pumpkins. Three more bags of puree in the freezer. Only a few more left, but I am afraid the bigger ones will not fit into my toaster oven so those could be a slight problem.

4.  Free water and snacks at the last Bible study. I bring the water home if not totally finished and will use it in my iron or steam mop. Sometimes I use it to clean my oven.


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good frugal week, Jackie. I hope Harvey can fix your oven. The shelter It sounds like a good tool. It will probably keep your car cooler in the summer too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the oven. Hopefully it is something simple.
    I hadn't thought that a shelter would keep the frost off the car. That's good to know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes I hope nothing seriously is wrong with the oven. Seems for me in the past, major appliances breaking down right before a holiday. Sure hope Harvey can fix it. Sure helps to be handy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never get bored with your blogs.
    Good luck with the oven - fingers crossed. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So hoping that oven can be fixed. I will be processing pumpkin this week after the holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know what you mean about Fridays being like any other day now that retirement is a thing for us. I used to laugh at my dad when he would say that he had to look at the daily newspaper to know what day it was and now I find myself needing to do the same thing (only I use the computer).
    The only thing I can say I truly miss about having a house is the fact that we always had a garage - now we have to park outside and I hate having to clear the car off on cold winter days.

    ReplyDelete