Friday, December 22, 2023

Frugal Friday

 


Getting very excited as Kurt and Kris will be home tomorrow. However being excited and still keeping a frugal home are not mutually exclusive. Mind you the rest of December might not be quite as frugal.

1.  Lights are being turned off with great regularity now in rooms not in use. I think it has now become a habit to run around and turn things off.


2.  Walking every day, even if it is indoors, and I have found many a chair yoga or chair exercise video on YouTube.


3.  Reading a book I picked up at a sale for very little. I will go back to reading free books on my ereader once this one is done.


4.  Bought some more meats on sale this week. The turkey was really inexpensive as was the ham. Then today when I went to pick up a few items before the sons came home I bought a whole pork loin to cut up into roasts. It was on sale for an excellent price. 


5.  Shredded up some cheese and put it in a vacuum bag before it could go bad. I have another chunk that I will do the same with later tonight.


So there are the frugal things I have managed to remember for this week. Next week I hope to share some of the frugal ideas I would like to make into habits for next year.


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

6 comments:

  1. Managing to continue to be frugal during the holiday season is something to be commended! Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a lovely Christmas with your boys. I look forward to hearing your frugal ideas. I need to curb spending a bit in 2024, so any ideas are welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You prove that Christmas can be done really well on a frugal budget - good for you.
    Have a wonderful time with your family. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can understand the excitement. Enjoy your visit with your boys.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy your visit with your sons. Staying frugal during the holidays is very hard - it is the holiday! Just enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am very much looking forward to hearing about your frugal ideas. I enjoy reading your blog and I am inspired by your consistent frugality.

    ReplyDelete