Tuesday, December 12, 2023

Tuesday Tidbits

 


I finally had a great nights sleep. It is wonderful to actually feel mostly rested, though right now at 4 pm I am beginning to lag. I will be keeping my fingers crossed that I will have another restful night.

Once again baking was set aside and I worked on finishing the prayer shawl/blanket. All done, just needs a bit of blocking and I will take a picture. 

I also made the lip balm today. Much to my dismay doing it the way the recipe said in a glass bowl over boiling water was kind of a disaster. The melting went well, it was the pouring into the tins that became the problem. The mixture went all over the table!!! Probably lost 2 tins to the mess, but this helped me make a decision on making this again. I will be purchasing a designated large measuring cup to use for the purpose of making my salves and other such items. 

Anyhow, here is a picture of the finished product.


 I still managed to get 7 tins though so more than enough to see me through the winter, plus a couple of tins to stick into Kurt's and
 Kris's gift baskets. Adding some Oregano salve as well.

Tonight I will work on the family recipes and get them put into the small personal photo albums. This should finish off the gift baskets for them. Being as this shouldn't take too long there could be some knitting on the sweater I set aside. 


The weather is changing once again, so I am a bit achy. Hot bath tonight and dandelion salve rubbed into some of those achy areas.


I was asked about our Nanaimo bar recipe and I will post it tomorrow. Now it is time to get the table set, and the meat pie (one sheet of puff pastry was used as a crust) out of the fridge to warm up a slight bit before I put it in the oven to warm. 


Everybody have a wonderful evening. 

God bless.


Oh, I can finally see all the pictures on everyone's blogs once again. Now the supposedly broken links are working once again.

8 comments:

  1. I am pleased you had a good sleep Jackie - it sure does make a difference doesn't it. I use a long spouted plastic jug for pouring my candles in to their containers. I think its called a pouring jug. I have been having trouble seeing photos on others blogs too & thought it was just Me !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you wee able to get a good night's rest, Jackie. I love the idea of the family recipes and putting them into small personal photo albums. You've given me several good ideas this Christmas. The salve looks nice and that's great that it will last all winter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a good night's rest and hope that trend continues.
    When you mentioned the bowl, I thought oh-oh, I know where this is going. It's why I make my pancakes in a four cup measuring cup, as did my mom, because pouring from a bowl can be very messy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Same. I use an old Tupperware measuring cup. The big one. When I use glass in just goes everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you got a good sleep - it sure makes a difference. Love your gift ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to get a good night's sleep tonight as I haven't been sleeping well lately or have been waking very early. Your lip salves look very good. I'm sure they'll be gratefully received.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sleep is so important. So happy you got a good night!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sleep is something we never seem to get enough of. I rarely get a full night without waking up (or not being able to get to sleep at all). Glad you had a good night!
    Re getting a dedicated measuring cup for making salves, I read recently about using an empty tin can. Just pinch one side to create a 'funnel' and then you can discard it when you're done. I made lip balm this year and cleaning the measuring cup afterwards was a nightmare.

    ReplyDelete