Friday, December 1, 2023

Frugal Friday

 


The beginning of a new month, and perhaps things might not be as frugal as is usual. The problem being rising costs, not knowing what people want or need. Still I will do the best that I possibly can. 

So what frugal things have been happening on the Phillips Homestead.


1.  I downloaded some free books onto my ereader today and will perhaps find some new ones tomorrow.


2.  I have been turning off lights in rooms we are not using. Still need Harvey to do the same. Natural gas prices rose the end of October so I am hopeful that keeping the heat at a reasonable level and the electrical costs down will help with my frugal life.


3.  Used up lots of bits and bobs when making meals this week. I am hopeful that the fridge and fridge freezer are cleared a bit more soon.


4.  Made many of Kurt's and Kris's gifts. Still have a couple left that I would like to get done. However, if they are done after Christmas that is okay as well. Or even if they are done just before Christmas.


5.  I put $75.00 in my savings envelope and still need to put my change in the change jars.


6.  Driving was kept to a minimum this week which is a good thing.


So that is what has been happening frugally around here. 


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good frugal week, Jackie. I love using up the bits and bobs to make meals. Helps me feel accomplished in not wasting any food. Hope you have a very good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, it is not the easiest time to keep spending low but there's still things that will help. You have your finger very firmly on that pulse, don't you?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your efforts for frugality are awesome! I'm sure it helps each month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Been clearing out my freezer as well, using up things which have been in there a while, start the new year fresh with a cleaner more organized freezer. I only went out once this week, I don't go unless I have to and even then it's early morning done & dusted. Enjoy being at home these days, there is plenty to do here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm looking forward to seeing what you made. I always enjoying seeing your projects. I know I have to wait until after your sons receive their gifts :) Well done on repurposing odds & ends into another meal. I've been eating out of the fridge too and am loving it. Wishing you & Harvey a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm afraid we're lax in turning lights out here but that's mainly because our hydro is included in our rent so it doesn't cost us any extra. Same with our water. I still try to save on water though.
    Christmas prep here at Chez Magpie is done and everything is delivered that has to go any distance. Thank goodness for UPS!!!

    ReplyDelete