Sunday, December 3, 2023

Sunday Rambliings


 This was the first Sunday of Advent and Father gave us three things to try and accomplish this week. First was to take 15 minutes a day or one hour a week to pray and reflect on hope. The second was to do at least one act of kindness a day, and the third was to make an Advent wreath if we didn't have one. Should be easy to manage. 


I am still working on getting rid of my hurt and anger over being left out of the Bible Study team. Still I am finding it a bit easier to look those people in the eye and try to smile and perhaps carry on a civil conversation. We shall see how that goes as the season progresses. 


The house is as decorated as it can get this year, gifts are mostly made, and a few unfinished tasks from the previous week are slowly being accomplished. I have even started to do some of the candy making. I hope to get a couple of things finished today. Peanut Brittle is boiling on the stove right now, hopefully to be poured onto the trays very soon. I hope to get some mint patties made today as well, perhaps after supper.


Lately I have not been feeling very well. I see to get very tired by the mid afternoon, and always seem to have a  mild headache. I think I should probably test for Covid, but I am a bit scared to do so. Too much left to do and really not enough time to get it all done unless I work through whatever I am coming down with, or perhaps I am not sleeping as well as I thought I was. Last night was an anomaly as I was up and down quite often. 


Supper shall be late today as we went out for brunch after Mass. Always seems as if neither of us are very hungry after this. 


Everybody have a wonderful evening. 

God bless.

8 comments:

  1. I do hope you're over whatever is fatiguing you soon. Somehow I suspect you'll just keep on doing things, but please do try to allow yourself to rest. You don't want to be too exhausted to enjoy Christmas with Kris and Kurt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you find out the cause of your fatigue Jackie - it could just be a winter thing & maybe you have been over doing things - it is such a busy time of year. But I wold definately test for Covid as its "everywhere" over here again. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope and pray it is not Covid and hope you are getting restful sleep. I've been waking up very early, which makes me super sleepy by evening. I need to change that routine. Sounds like you ae going to have a very lovely Christmas. Homemade gifts are the best. Peanut Brittle sounds so good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jackie, do test for Covid. At least you will know. Maybe a word with your Dr to make sure you a re not little anaemic?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah you could test for covid - we have a flu that is going around here that is pretty hard this year. I hate being sick so I get it. Get some rest, get plenty of fluids and get some more rest, even if you take one day to do that. Do nothing else but sleep and rest. I've done that before and it has worked.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jackie, just pray for the grace to forgive the people who have hurt you. It will happen. God surprises us all of the time! It's not a competition....but when you forgive, you are truly a winner. God may be protecting you from something of which you are not aware by removing you from a certain stuation. I takes a lot of trust to do it, but pray for the grace you need in this situation. You are a very good person. Get as much rest as you can during this busy time. God bless you! Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear you've not been feeling well. I do hope it isn't Covid. Take care of yourself and rest if you need to. I'm sorry to hear how upset you are about the bible study. Could you perhaps ask the priest why you weren't included/invited? I know this isn't always an easy thing to do, but it might give you some peace of mind to tell him that you were upset at not being included. There may be circumstances that you are not aware of, that may make you feel much better about the situation.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Resident Chef has been dealing with what he insists is a cold but I tend to wonder if it might have been covid. Luckily (touch wood!) he kept it to himself. He refuses to get tested so I guess we'll never know.

    ReplyDelete