Monday, December 4, 2023

Let The Countdown Begin

 


I have no menu plan for the next while. Instead all those bits and bobs in the fridge freezer are going to be used. I pulled out a bag of frozen chicken, a bag of frozen ham, a bag of frozen pork roast and a bag of frozen beef roast. Once those are used up I will pull some more bits and bobs and get those cleared out. I actually think I have become a leftover hoarder (if there is such a thing). I do have a few items in the coming weeks that I am going to leave on the menu as they also need to be used up (fish sticks, homemade pizza, Eggplant Chickpea Stew, and soup). 

I think the only time I will actually follow my monthly menu plan is when the boys are home for Christmas. Other than turkey there will not be many leftovers as both boys have big appetites.  

Over the upcoming week I plan on getting my baking completed. I have actually managed to get a few things marked off the baking list.

Sugar is not readily available in the stores now due to the strike. I know I have more than enough brown sugar and icing sugar, but not too sure about the white granulated sugar. We shall see how things go and I will keep my eyes open when I go shopping for any on the shelves.

I will post pictures of my decorating tomorrow and the baking over the other days.


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.


Edited to add


Roger's Sugar refinery is on strike and there is a world wide shortage of sugar. Hence why we in Estevan have no sugar available here. Hopefully Roger's strike ends very soon.

12 comments:

  1. Please explain about the strike

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not too sure why our sugar producer is on strike and I could be completely wrong, but our stores here in my small city can not get any sugar from the supplier Lantic. They supply the sugar from Rodger's. It can also be that it was a bad year for sugar beets up here and that is what we use to make most of our sugar.

      God bless.

      Delete
  2. yes I am asking the same question, what sugar strike?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you still able to get sugar in Ontario? Perhaps it is just the west as we get our sugar from sugar beets grown in Alberta. I need to do some more research I think.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No strike that I am aware of here in the states. My husband would die - he's the sugar freak in our house. I'm more savory - I like a little sugar but I usually go straight to the chips and dip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was in Costco today and there was no sugar of any description. I'm in Alberta

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't know about a sugar shortage. Must look when I next go food shopping - not that I need any, just for curiosity. :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I tend to tuck leftovers in the fridge and once a week we have leftover night to use up as much as we can. Mind you, I don't often cook big batches or roasts so there isn't much for leftovers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't make a weekly menu plan this week either, but am winging it this week. It's great to use up all those bits and bobs in your freezer and free up that freezer space in the process. It sounds like some really good leftovers in yours. I hope the strike is over soon so you can get some sugar soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Would you kindly share your eggplant and chickpea stew recipe? Thank you -- Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  10. I didn't know there was a sugar strike either - interesting. I think Lantic is the only type of sugar we can get here so perhaps that means we're okay. Good thing we don't tend to use much of it and have a couple packages in our storeroom.

    ReplyDelete