Tuesday, December 5, 2023

Tuesday Tidbits

 

Quick post before supper, I will try and visit you all a bit later. Right now it seems all I am doing is cleaning, and doing dishes.... No wonder my back is constantly aching. 

Just a few decorating pictures, there is still a bit left to do. 



The big tree downstairs. I still have gifts to put underneath.



My litte tree upstairs. I really need some white lights on here and will add some to my box of ornaments when things are cleaned up.



My few Nativity scenes on the fake fireplace. I find myself turning this on more without the heat this year. My stuffed snowpeople sitting on the floor beside the fireplace.



One of the few ceramics that I made left. My little Christmas tree. I believe I made this in 1980, so it is getting pretty old. I picked one of the smaller ones rather than the bigger ones. I often wonder if people still do ceramics or teach ceramics. This was a lovely evening out for a friend and I.

I hope to get a bit more done over the next couple of days. We shall see.... I have realized I do not have many Christmas decorations and that will be something I need to fix over the next year. 


Everybody have a wonderful evening. 

God bless.



10 comments:

  1. It all looks so wonderful Jackie. I hope your sore back improves soon - there's nothing worse, especially when you're trying to decorate. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot to add .... a good time to buy more decorations is after Christmas in the sales as they're often 50 or 60 % off. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your decorated home looks lovely!! I love the big tree and your fireplace scenes.
    The wood behind your tree is really striking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look for your decorations in January, when most are half price, I get decorations, cards and crackers for the following Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The trees are lovely! I read an article the other day about a family in Germany with 555 trees in the house. You've a long way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It all looks beautiful, Jackie. Especially the trees. We downsized our decorations a few years ago, but we see so many cute ones at yard sales it's hard not to pick them up, so we have added some back over the years too. I'll have to do pictures once we get all of ours up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh your place is looking so lovely and Christmasy, Jackie. I bought one of those ceramic trees as they seem to have become more popular again. And I always loved them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Christmas trees are beautifully decorated. I love your ceramic tree. How clever that you made it yourself. It's adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Having an aching back is not nice at all you have my sympathy. So nice to see your Christmas decorations, it's all staring to look very festive.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've wondered about whether ceramics are still done anywhere and made several of those trees years ago. Of course I gave them all away. I've seen them in stores recently so they much be enjoying a comeback.

    ReplyDelete