Saturday, December 9, 2023

Saturday Roundup

 


It has been a bit chilly today so I stuck close to home once again. Did some extra cleaning, some more candy making (I added so am not done with Christmas candy/baking as of yet), talked to my brother, and did a bit of knitting. I will be continuing the knitting after supper.


So since I am pretty sure that neither Kurt or Kris read my blog, I thought I would show all the table runners, and mug rugs turned out. Actually the mug rugs could be used as hot pads as they turned out to be larger than I thought.


Mug rugs on top of the table runners. 

Then once the sewing was completed...Baking and candy making started.


Almond bark first.


Chocolate Coconut drops (I usually make these into balls and roll in icing sugar).

Butter Tart bars were baked next.


Peanut Brittle and Chocolate Covered Pretzels happened the next day.

Took a break from candy and pulled out all the chicken carcasses from the fridge freezer and made Chicken Bone Broth.


Then it was on to Caramel Slice and Nanaimo Bars.


Cinnamon buns were next, but I am going to have to make another batch as the dough I get from my machine, just makes a bit over a dozen.


More candy making and baking is still taking place. I hope to be finished by Monday at the latest.


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

15 comments:

  1. I want to come to your house. YUM!
    Love the runners and the cup rugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just making one of these items would tire me out! That would be a week's worth of baking for me. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness Jackie, you have been very busy in the baking department. Good for you. I'm going to make some mince pies tomorrow, but that is about my limit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. I love those runner and mug rugs. Colorful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who is going to eat all that baking?! Wow! Butter tart bars for me please! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything looks so delicious! Do you have a good recipe for your peanut brittle? Would it be possible to share? Mine is so tricky and I am ready to give up but I absolutely love it! Thanks so much,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - that's a LOT of baking! We think we do a lot but you have us beat.

    ReplyDelete
  8. All your baking and candy making looks delicious! I love making runners as they are much faster to make than quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, wow, what a delicious post - it all looks so good and the runners are lovely.
    Clever you.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. You spoke with your brother yesterday, and I spoke with my sister. I had sent her some of Mom's things and she was calling to let me know they arrived and how much she enjoyed them. All of your baking looks so good! You've been a busy little bee in your kitchen. I like the table runners and mug rugs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. My goodness, you certainly put my baking to shame. I bet the family enjoys it all very much. The table runners and mug rugs are very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Everything you bake looks so good---I'm hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow all those sweets sounded so good and looked amazing. I love peanut brittle. A very busy week, I should make a list and do something the same this coming week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. If you have a good nanaimo bar, I would LOVE the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Everything looks delicious! Can you please share your almond bark recipe when you get a chance? Thanks

    ReplyDelete