Friday, July 15, 2022

Frugal Friday

 


1.  Very warm here today, and I put the A/C up another 1/2 degree. This degree raise should save us a bit on our bill. However from the sounds of it this heat is not going anywhere else fast.

2.  Watering by using the rain barrel. This also gives me a bit of muscle building exercise.

3.  Using up all the leftovers in the fridge. Really working on having no waste months.

4.  The friend I am hemming pajama bottoms for has said she is going to pay me for it. That is a first as she has never even offered to pay me. A little money coming in is a good thing. 

5.  Walking most days early in the morning so that I am not out in the heat.

6.  Put almost my entire allowance for the two weeks previously ($100.00) into my savings envelope and the $4.05 that I found when walking into the change jars.


All in all a pretty frugal week.


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

7 comments:

  1. It sounds really good, Jackie. Good for you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a good week. Hope the weather cools.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd say it's been a frugal week. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work! Our weather has been pretty mild lately, so we've gotten by for most of the summer without using the AC. However, since I've been sick, I've been turning it on. I can't handle having a fever & a warm house. That's a no go for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have a big jar we put spare change in. Once a year my husband dumps it out and rolls into coin wrappers. It adds up to a nice amount. It is full blown summer here, the weather has been hotter/humid most days earlier than normal. Then the rain comes and cools it down for a day or so...good for the garden. I get the bulk of things done in the a.m. I'm grateful for the ac as it gets hard to breath if the humidity gets to high, I prefer to have fresh air sleeping at night.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a good week, Jackie. I’ve been inching my a/c up by a degree here every now and then too. Whatever it takes to save on the electric bill here.

    ReplyDelete