Wednesday, July 20, 2022

Mid Week Once Again

 


The summer is passing by very quickly. It always amazes me that as I age the days whiz right by almost like I was a child and hoping the summer would last forever. 

Temperatures cooled down a bit today so I was able to get out this morning and weed the circular perennial bed. It really needed it. Tomorrow I hope to weed the bed by the shed and water plants. Keeping my fingers crossed.

The drapes in the dining room were washed and hung on the lines, and a set of drapes in the living room were done as well. Only one set left in the living room and all drapes will have been washed. Whew, less dust in the house for sure.

Herbs were harvested and dehydrated, more need doing tomorrow. Hopefully parsley and mint. 

Otherwise all I did was knit on the purse and make a list of Christmas gifts that I want to make starting next month. Forget about "Christmas in July" I just have too many other projects to work on.

Inflation has risen to the highest it has been in almost 40 years. I do hope that it doesn't get much higher, but with the wacky weather we have had this spring and so far this summer I am afraid that certain items will be hard to find. Farmers here are concerned about crops. Many have been destroyed by hail, and shortages from Europe and the Ukraine will cause many problems.


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

5 comments:

  1. It seems to me that we wait for ages for summer to arrive and, when it does, blink and it's happened and done. Very weird!
    Have a lovely day. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that the weeks are going by so quickly this summer. It's one big round of picking, pickling and jam making here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dad always said that time went by faster the older he got and that certainly seems to be my experience...hopefully I reach 98 like he did.
    We had 2 inches of rain overnight into Tuesday and another decent rain the next night too, so everything is still wet here. I do need to get out to do some weeding and mow the lawn but will wait until later today.
    Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well we still have a long way to go, before it starts cooling down around here. Not till the end of Sept or Oct. Then its nice. You can actually sit outside. My tomatoes are coming in - and some bell peppers, even if they are mini's.

    ReplyDelete
  5. For me, the summer always passes too quickly. I'm a 'summer person' and absolutely hate the cold so I'm usually pretty happy in the heat. Humidity though does tend to make it uncomfortable.
    Hopefully the inflation rate will drop soon. I was horrified to read in our grocery flyer this morning that they had strawberries from the US. Why on earth can't they get them locally like they used to?

    ReplyDelete