Saturday, July 9, 2022

Saturday Roundup

 


It has been mostly a week of catching up and other then making a cushion for Kurt out of the upholstery from his old chair, no real finishes. 

Spent some time cutting down the jeans, and shirt Kurt brought and just finished today. The 4 1/2" squares will be put in their various storage containers. For the first time ever I kept the off cuts and will probably at some point cut most into 1 1/2 and 2 1/2 inch squares. 

I enjoyed Kurt's visit and feel that it just wasn't long enough. Hopefully we can get another visit in sometime this summer or perhaps the fall would be better. We shall see.

Today when my plants were watered, Harvey gave them a really good dose of fertilizer. They really are not growing as well as I had hoped, but at least none are dead as of yet. 

We are really trying to cut electrical use as the provincial company (kind of a monopoly here in Saskatchewan) will be raising their rates and lately since we have had so much rain the humidity is just terrible causing our A/C to run much more. Now that Kurt is gone I should be able to use appliances even more to cook our meals. 

Perhaps I will even be able to enjoy sitting on one of our two decks as long as there is a bit of shade. I can always put my knitting in a bag to protect the balls and skeins. 

Off to set the table and then visit with you all. 


Everybody have a wonderful evening. 

God bless.

6 comments:

  1. Everything is going up all over the world, isn't it? Have a lovely day and stay as cool as you can. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tend to keep the a/c at 24C, so it doesn't kick in as early or often. But I do find, especially with this humidity, starting to feel quite uncomfortable. Getting outside in the shade where there is a bit of a breeze feels much better.
    I used slow release fertilizer when I planted but I suspect I need to start adding some soluble when I water. My tomatoes and peppers are blooming but no fruit yet. Good luck with your garden.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hot and humid is really exhausting and always makes me glad air conditioners exist. However, we too are trying to cut electrical use both due to rising costs and risk of brown outs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jackie, you are staying busy. My husband fertilizes our garden every 2 weeks. We were just talking about last year things seemed to more advanced. My tomatoes are small and nowhere to red, I was hoping to seed save. Our garden looks real healthy, and I do have a couple of squash coming in now, and green beans. I'll be grateful for whatever we get as nobody around us even bothered to plant gardens. Going to be 92 again tomorrow, we are having August weather in June & July. Take care

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope your plants are doing better soon Jackie.
    Oh boy, I'm so over all the price increases. I'm just trying to save on whatever I can and stocking up on groceries whenever there's a good sale (which is few & far between). I find myself cherry picking at the grocery stores a lot lately, because sales are so lackluster. Have a wonderful Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The temps have been quite comfortable here (altho' I understand that during the 2 weeks we were away in May it was very hot) and we haven't had to install our portable a/c unit. Perhaps we won't if this trend continues.
    Our balcony tomato plants are putting up tons of greenery but few blossoms - will have to wait and see what develops.

    ReplyDelete