Friday, July 22, 2022

Frugal Friday

 


Time for another Frugal Friday and I am writing this post as rain falls and thunder rolls. 


1.  Watered plants using rain water so good thing it is raining once again to replace what we used.


2.  Eating what we can out of the garden. Mostly greens such as lettuce, a few radishes, some cucumbers, and an onion or two.


3.  Walking for exercise in the early mornings. Then doing some stretches later in the day.


4.  Found $0.20 while walking and put that in the change jars right away.


5.  Reusing leftovers from previous meals to make new meals, and freezing what is not going to be used right away.


6.  Using up stash for various projects and will continue to do so when making gifts starting next month.


7.  I emptied the bucket of peels, coffee grounds, and egg shells into the garden. Harvey will work them in.


I hope to have some photos of projects started and projects finished tomorrow. They use up some of my stash in fabric, embroidery floss, and yarn.


Everybody have a wonderful evening. 

God bless.

6 comments:

  1. I rarely find money when I walk, but also found a penny on the ground this week. On #7, does that help your soil? We don't typically compost, but we want to start!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It actually does help the soil. Harvey tills it under in the fall and then all winter we toss the same things out into the garden and he tills it under in the spring before planting.

      God bless.

      Delete
  2. How wonderful to have some rain. I've forgotten what it feels like to have rain. We desperately need some here in London. The grass is turning brown.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used egg shells this spring in my tomato and pepper containers - I don't know if that's the reason they're going like gangbusters but I'll take it. I crush mine as fine as I can as they take forever to break down. Someone mentioned on a gardening site to use an old coffee grinder for that purpose. I don't have one.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never found money when I walk, but then maybe it's because I'm looking out? Using rain to water is great, better for the plants too. Looking forward to seeing your projects. I'm trying to use lots of my stash as well. We have too many animals running about the neighborhood to use the grounds etc

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our little balcony garden is keeping us fed with lots of lettuce right now. Resident Chef succession plants so we'll have it for the rest of the summer. Peanut butter/lettuce/mayo sandwiches on the lunch menu a lot!

    ReplyDelete