Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Tuesday Tidbits

 


It is warming up considerably. I have a feeling the air conditioner will be coming on soon. That is okay as we have managed almost 3 full days without it. The nights are still cooling off so that does help considerably.

I did my shopping this morning and picked up my rebate cheque from the Co-op. I used it to pay for the groceries today which meant not as much out of the account at the middle of next month. I use my card and get money back on that at the end of the year. Always great not to have to spend as much as you are worried about. Prices are rising still so I think that starting next month there will be a couple more meatless meals.

I have been working on my projects. Just did a bit of embroidery today and nothing other than ironing the flimsy. Tonight I am not sure if I will be knitting. 

I got to go and pick cherries at a friends place and may just make the pie filling tonight. My friend put on Facebook that she had cherries to get rid of and then even helped me pick them. Once those are done I just may see if my SIL still has her chokecherry trees and will let me pick those. Chokecherry jelly and syrup sound pretty darn good to me right now. The way I see it the more I can put up the better off we will be come winter and beyond.

There is a very small bush bunny in the yard and I just hope it does not decide to munch on too much in the garden. Things are not growing as well as hoped so I am keeping my fingers crossed, gardens are so behind this year due to the cold and rain.

Off to get a few things started for supper and then will visit with all of you.


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.


3 comments:

  1. We had a decent rain come through here this afternoon leaving puddles behind. No need to water containers tonight...always a bonus. It's cooled down considerably though I expect the temperatures will head upward over the next few days.
    Bunnies are cute, but they can be such pests.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never come across 'chokecherry' before. I'll google it . . . xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hubs is going out to scout the huckleberries late this afternoon, after we pick, I will do a ton of jam. Like you I want to be ready for whatever comes.

    ReplyDelete