Saturday, July 23, 2022

Saturday Roundup

 


Due to the rather warm weather this week, the few tornado warnings and last nights downpour, I have spent most of the time other than the early morning inside. 

This did help me to get a few projects completed, and a pretty decent start on a few more. 



The first worsted weight blanket is done, and I actually started the second. I figured I needed something rather mindless to do at night. So here that is.


This is actually a deeper purple so why the photo is blue is beyond me.

I even managed to finish the knitted purse in record time.

Lined and ready to mail to my great niece early next week.


I started the embroidered tablecloth and work on this in the afternoons. It will take awhile, but at least I have started this after months of putting it aside.

Then this morning I started my brick quilt.


Only three strips put together, but I am loving how it is turning out. Should be fairly easy to quilt by hand as well. This will be worked on for an hour or so each morning in the sewing/craft room as that is when the light is just perfect. I figure the flimsy (is that the correct term?) will be done in a couple of weeks.

Early morning is when I headed out to pick herbs for dehydrating, and a few things that were ready in the garden. I did pick what was probably the last of the rhubarb for the season, but also managed to get



lettuce, and 


cucumbers. 


So that has been my week so far. 


Everybody have a wonderful evening. 

God bless.

6 comments:

  1. Wow you do some good work - I want to make a quilt - never have. I'm just going to do it and figure it out as I go. Lol

    I want to plant a winter garden this year. It will be in pots. I've never done that before so we'll see how it goes. The lettuce and cucumbers look good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I more or less figure it out as I go as well.

      God bless.

      Delete
  2. The produce looks really delicious. Lovely! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your brick quilt is so lovely and colourful. I'm looking forward to seeing how it progresses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your projects are lovely, and I especially like the colors of the brick quilt.
    I'm impressed with the produce from your garden. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As always, you astound me with how fast you can knit! And yes, a flimsy is the correct term. Not that I'm a sane quilter by any means!

    ReplyDelete