Friday, July 29, 2022

Frugal Friday

 


Friday already, my how time flies when you are having fun.... NOT.

Today as I was typing a bit of a post on a forum I belong to my laptop decided to shut down. So am I ever glad that I did not get rid of my old desktop computer, as that is what I am using now. 

However it took awhile to get all the passwords back on, and have it work at a bit faster than a snails pace. I am hoping that my laptop comes back on or it is an easy fix. Not frugal having to purchase another that's for sure. 

This after my cell phone decided to come apart. Right now I have it taped together to keep it working for awhile longer.

So what frugal happenings occurred on the old homestead this week.

1.  I put $45.00 in my savings envelope. 

2.  Added $2.65 to the change jars.

3.  Used my rebate to purchase groceries which made the total bill much lower.

4.  Made pie filling from free cherries, and dried what wasn't used to be put in muffins or loaves. Perhaps even a cake.

5.  Worked on using up a bit more of the embroidery thread, and yarn.


Off to get supper on the table (it is a main dish salad as it really got warm once again).


Everybody have a wonderful day.

God bless.

Edited to add

My laptop seems to be working once again. Call me a happy person. Tomorrow I work on getting all the pictures organized and onto a thumb drive.


4 comments:

  1. Glad you got your laptop working again. It's so frustrating when that happens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your laptop is up and running. Perhaps it got overheated? I killed my last one and bought the least expensive model. It's fine but has limited memory so I'm forced to keep photos, spreadsheets and documents on an external hard drive. I was so upset when I lost a lot of info because I hadn't recently backed up the old one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really hope your laptop continues to operate. It's always a surprise to me just how dependent we have become on having access to the internet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you were able to get your laptop working again. They can be so frustrating when they don’t work right or are slow.

    ReplyDelete