Tuesday, July 5, 2022

Tuesday Tidbits

 

It has been rainy and then humid when the sun comes out. I will have to water a couple of plants (those under the eaves) tonight and hopefully not get eaten alive by the little vampires that seem to love the wet and taller grass. 


Not much really happening. I have been working on my knitted blanket and have an order for a knitted purse (will start on that at some point) but my one finger is causing me a few problems so I think that tomorrow will be a sewing day. Get that dress and the shorts done and perhaps start the embroidery on the first pattern I traced onto the tablecloth. I decided to trace it out one at a time. I hope to start my quilt as well before the end of the week. Too many projects and not enough time. Finding it rather difficult to get everything done outside and manage the projects.


Kurt will be heading out tomorrow and staying the night at Kris's house. Kris is very excited about that. In fact I think that tonight he is cleaning his house a bit. As a guy he doesn't keep things really clean, just clean enough I guess. 


Now I need to explain what Glace is..... This is something my German grandmother made to feed the 17 people in my Dad's family (Dad had 14 siblings). It is like a pasta dough made along the lines of dumplings (spoonful's of dough dropped in boiling water) in which there is diced boiled potatoes. Once they have risen to the top they are drained and then covered in melted butter, and fried onions. Fried eggs are served with them to dip the "Glace" into the yolk. Very high in cholesterol so I only make them once every two months. Mom used to make a great big batch so there was always leftovers to fry up for another meal...I don't do that. 


A little about the reunion. The Friday night went okay, people more or less talked to me, but really they had to as Harvey and I hosted it. Harvey and Kurt did the BBQ and later I started the fire pit. Not everyone was there at that time....

A few pictures.


Kurt taking over BBQ duties so Harvey could eat.









The last picture is one of 4 of the 5 sisters. The fifth did not come until Saturday (there were a few that did not arrive until the big meal). I think I might try and convince Harvey to do that the next time around. 


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.



6 comments:

  1. Thanks very much for explaining. I think maybe a bit heavy for me but it sounds absolutely delicious!
    Nice family photos.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad the evening you hosted went well. The glace dumplings sound interesting. I love suet dumplings with stew. One of those dishes we had most weeks as a child and I always wanted to wipe the plate clean.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You certainly have a lot on your plate with your projects. I've been grateful for the rain as my containers haven't required watering.
    Glad that the evening went well at the reunion. My family only seems to get together at funerals - and we haven't had one for a few years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad the reunion wasn't too bad for you but a shame about not sleeping well Jackie. It makes you feel good to be home doesn't it. Have a great week x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a fun time for everyone! It helps when someone else does the grilling. I've never heard of glace - its good you keep the old world recipes and make them, even if it is only once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You'll be glad that the reunion is behind you - at least the weather cooperated which always helps. We used to host a reunion every year (DH's side of the family) but that stopped when we moved to the apartment.

    ReplyDelete