Sunday, July 24, 2022

Sunday Ramblings


 

It has been a pretty quiet day here on the old homestead. Harvey is celebrating his 72 birthday and we decided that staying home and enjoying the day is the perfect way to celebrate.

There is a roast beef on the smoker cooking, I have made potato salad and a tossed salad. I will add some pickles to this and call the main meal done.

I also made his special apple strudel for dessert. That used up some apple pie filling and phyllo pastry. 

Kurt has phoned to wish him a happy birthday, and hopefully Kris does the same very soon. 

I actually love laid back days like this, I work on a few things but don't feel the overwhelming urge to get things done. Monday will come soon enough with my long lists of tasks to get done.

I did do a couple of strips on the brick quilt, finished embroidering the grapes on the one section, pulled out the recycling, and picked what few cherries that were ready and the robins hadn't gotten. I think there will be enough to dry and use in some granola bars this winter. 

Other then that I have flitted from task to task or watched some television. 

I am also wearing more of my summer dresses and skirts. Mainly to find out what I like, what fits properly or what I really hate. I plan on refashioning some if possible, donating others, recycling some into fabric for quilting or perhaps using some in the making of a rug for Kurt for Christmas. Recycling at it's finest. 


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.


7 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Harold. Sounds like a wonderful Sunday together doing what you love.
    I'm also wearing my dresses more often, I have many and hate to part with any so told myself to put them on for shopping etc. :) I need to purge everything in the closests again. I'm not handy like you though so will donate what I don't want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those easier days too. Yes, there are a few chores, but nothing urgent and nothing too hard. Happy Birthday to Harvey. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Belated Happy Birthday Wishes to Harvey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Belated Happy Birthday to Harvey. It sounds like a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Belated happy birthday to Harvey! It sounds like a perfect Sunday to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday to Harvey!

    I love days that are a mix of productive & relaxing. They feel rare, don't they? Glad you got a chance to enjoy the day.

    I'm a rare dress wearer. If we are out, definitely like dresses. But, for around the house? I'm a yoga pants/tank top person. Mostly because I'm active, and I can always do something impromptu, if I'm wearing the right clothes.

    I own one skirt, total. They aren't my favorite, and I can never get them quite right, with the top.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy, albeit now belated, birth day wishes to your DH. We celebrated ours this past week as well.
    As for summer dresses - I practically live in them in the heat. I find they're much cooler.

    ReplyDelete