Thursday, July 14, 2022

Thrifty Thursday

 


Hot, hot, hot around here today. I thank the good Lord for the trees that give our house a bit of shade and almost wish we would have left a couple on the other side of the house. Then I think about how large they were and all the leaves. 

So what have been my few thrifty moves this week. 

I made labels from scrap cardstock for containers in the sewing/craft room. 

Made a cute summer dress for around $6.00. The knit fabric was really reduced in price and all the scraps have been collected to be used on another project. 

Hemmed my friends Hubby's pj pants and picked up the next two to do as well (hopefully tomorrow after I sew my shorts). My friend says she is going to pay me a bit, which is a first.

Sold the old light fixture from the dining room. That brings the price of the new one down a bit more.

The usual saving of twist ties, and the plastic bags that fruit and veggies come in.

If I need a third cup of coffee, I am using the make it yourself K cup and some coffee that has been hanging around. 

I think that is pretty well it for this week. 


Everybody have a wonderful evening or late afternoon.

God bless.

3 comments:

  1. The heat is certainly on and with the storm we had the other night the humidity is ramped up too. Not sure I want to run the a/c though especially after the next increase in power rates. I'll enjoy it for now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could bring in a pretty chunk of change if you just advertised hemming my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We haven't been overly hot here and haven't had to install the portable a/c as yet. We had to give the landlords a cheque for $150 to cover our 'increased hydro usage due to using a/c units' but hopefully they won't need to cash it.

    ReplyDelete