Tuesday, July 19, 2022

Tuesday Tidbits


 

It was cooler today so I baked some more buns during the early morning. Harvey was a bit surprised, but I wanted to have a goodly stock in the freezer for those hot days which are sure to come back. 

Last night the phone was dinging constantly with updated tornado warnings. After the first 5 and the rather darkening skies I decided to move my plants to a bit more shelter. The veggie garden would need to look after itself though.

Once again all we got was lots of lightening, thunder and rain. Rain is more than welcome though when it is this hot. The water barrel is full once again, the grass and garden got a bit of a drink, and the windows were open to let in the cooler breezes. 

I finished the knitted blanket and still have lots of scraps of yarn left as well as orphan balls of yarn to knit another. I am going to get my yarn stash under control yet. Also managed to finish hemming the three pairs of pajama pants for my friends husband. I now have a bit less cluttering up the sewing/craft room which makes me very happy. Mind you I will soon have it looking a sight again once I start on the quilt top.

Started the next project, a knitted purse for a great niece and that is moving along quickly. Hoping to get that in the mail by the beginning of next week. 


Everybody have a wonderful day or evening.

God bless.

7 comments:

  1. Glad to hear the bad weather is passing you by - hopefully that continues!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got some rain. We could really do with some here in the UK, it's been scorching hot for the last couple of days, with quite a few fires breaking out. Cooler today though, thankfully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful to get loads and loads of rain. Please do send some this way too. :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's nice to get rain, though we had 2 inches in less than 24 hours. The weather guy said it's as much as we normally get in a month! It rained again last night too, but not as much thankfully.
    You'll have to share a photo of the knitted purse when it is complete.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jackie,
    ...we've had HOT and stormy weather as well...buckets of rain yesterday...then a steamy afternoon...
    ~Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Im glad it is getting cooler for a few days. I know when its too hot, I don't get anything done and need a cool reprieve from the heat to get the house clean.

    ReplyDelete