Monday, July 18, 2022

Menu Monday

 


Well the tornado warning was a bust. We did get a bit of rain and some wind, but we have definitely had worse. Still the warning wasn't lifted for over an hour and by then it was fairly late and time to hop in the bath and go to bed.

I did not sleep well, probably because I was worried another storm would hit in the middle of the night and it would be a bad one.


With this extended heat wave I am trying my best not to heat the house up too much. Tonight will be the only night supper will be made in the oven. The rest of the week is going to be stove top, warmed up in the microwave, or cooked on the BBQ if youngest DS comes home.


Monday

Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, tossed salad.


Tuesday

Leftover fried chicken, macaroni salad, coleslaw, and the few french fries and the gravy that is left.


Wednesday

Leftover meatloaf (or Lentil Curry if not enough meatloaf), pasta, salad.


Thursday

Pork stir fry served over rice. I need to use up some broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, and onion.


Friday

Fish done in the air fryer (unless Kris is home and then I will make glace or pancakes...leaning towards the pancakes). 


Saturday

If Kris is home we will have steak done on the BBQ along with tinfoil potatoes and carrots. If he isn't we will have leftover stir fry.


Sunday

Supposed to be a roast chicken, but I really think this could be done on the BBQ or in the smoker. I will make another tossed salad and probably serve rice along with it.


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

6 comments:

  1. I'm grateful the storm wasn't as bad as it might have been.
    It's raining here at the moment (7:15 p.m.) and the radar suggests we're in for some thunder storms. The clouds look boring after the ones a few days ago. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So relieved that you didn't get the predicted weather event!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your menu sounds delicious, Jackie. I’m with you on making food that doesn’t heat up the house by turning the oven on during this heat wave. I need to make a stir fry soon as they are so good and easy to make.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad there was nothing bad weather wise. It's definitely not the time for stews and casseroles and slow roasts, is it?
    Stay cool. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with not heating up the house which is why I do almost all my canning outside when I do it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything sounds so good - I haven't had meatloaf since Spring. Too hot now to heat up kitchen. At times I am tempted though...It's too hot to even go outside to grill.

    ReplyDelete