Sunday, July 10, 2022

Sunday Rambling

 


We had quite the storm in the early morning hours (like around 1 am), high winds, rain, thunder and lightening. Harvey watched it all from the front window. Me, well I slept through the whole thing.

Something is really bothering me today. A brother-in-law posted something on his Facebook page that kind of rubs me the wrong way. He is big into the anti-mask, anti-vaccine, truckers convoy, and the freedom movement (still trying to figure out how they can march around with signs saying Mandate Freedom...when they don't want mandates) and never once have I called him on his Q-Anon theories or things that I do not believe in. 

Today he posted a picture of a person holding a Pride flag, and another person screaming at them not to push their beliefs on him. I am stumped on how someone holding a flag is pushing their beliefs on anyone, even the parades don't do that (or at least in my opinion). The other thing that bothers me is that we have a few people in the extended family that are LBGQ and how does it make them feel to have an Uncle or brother-in-law that posts things like that. He can feel that way if he so chooses but to post it on his page is just going to cause hard feelings.

Right now I would love to post a picture of a truck with one of the flags denigrating our Prime Minister and someone yelling "Don't push your beliefs on me". I won't because most of the family are very conservative and would probably attack me like rabid dogs leaving me bleeding out for all to see. 


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.



11 comments:

  1. No matter what our beliefs are, or how we feel about 'touchy' things, Facebook should never be the place to vent like that. I understand where you are coming from even though we also have different views about some things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One rule for them and another for everyone else . . . frustrating, isn't it? xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Jackie, how difficult for you. I suppose the best thing is to ignore it, but that's hard when you may want to stand up for your own beliefs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, every family has its "black sheep" , so to speak. It's not pleasant, but we are for 'freedom of speech', so we have to accept even your B.I.L's behavior.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Politics are so divisive at the moment. I have learnt to keep my politics to myself over the years, which I'm not altogether proud of, but it makes for a more peaceful life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry you have to deal with these attitudes. I suspect that the bottom line issue is that those who say or post such things have little or no compassion for others and are very self focused on their perceived injuries by society.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My in laws and sister in laws are all really right wing conservatives and it drives me nuts. I never say anything because I am determined to get along, but they are on me all the time. I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete
  8. When I was on Facebook and that happened, I just stopped following them. That meant, we were still "friends" I just wasn't getting their posts in my feed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would simply figure out how to unfollow him. Nobody needs to see that sort of 'attitude'. I wouldn't feel the least bit guilty about it either.

    ReplyDelete
  10. They have different rules for others and don't see the hypocrisy. I'm sorry, I know how uncomfortable that is. Like others have mentioned I'd snooze his posts...I have a cousin whose hatred for our PM borders on the psychotic. I have her snoozed. I don't want to lose contact but I don't need to see that vitriol.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Like others, I have most people hidden, and try to avoid FB whenever possible. I really struggle, not with differences of opinion, which I think are totally fine, but trying to keep my mouth shut when people want to take away rights from their fellow citizens. There is a lot of hypocrisy everywhere, and the internet is a place where it's showcased daily. It's too much for people, I think.

    ReplyDelete