Friday, November 4, 2022

Frugal Friday

 


Frugal happenings were much the same as usual.


1.  Since the end of the month arrived, I managed to put $55.00 in my savings envelope. As well as $3.45 in the change jars. I also found $0.10 out on one of my walks so that was added to the jars as well.

2.  All leftovers have been used or reused in meals this past week (well up until today, but I did bring leftover bread products with us to use up here). 

3.  Harvey fixed my Noritake sugar bowl. It belonged to my mom, and I inherited it when she left this world. Bit of glue and some willingness to stand and hold the parts together.

 4.  Everything I purchased at Fabricland was 40-50 % off so mega savings on items to keep me busy over the winter. I do think that perhaps I should have purchased a bit more, but really I need to clear out fabric before going a little crazy and purchasing even more.

5.  Bought some baby yarn at Michael's so that I can work on baby shawls at some point. That was on sale as well.


We are at Kris's, and he is a bit worried that we do not try and go home if the weather is bad on Sunday. This would not be a problem as both Harvey, and I are a bit chicken about driving on ice. We would just have to change our tire change appointment for Monday to later in the week. We would also need to use Kris's washer and dryer as in no way did we bring enough clothing with us.


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

8 comments:

  1. Enjoy your little holiday away from home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Kris. It looks it may get quite ugly overnight Saturday and Sunday too. I'm glad you're thinking about staying over until the highways are clear. Better safe than sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, not wise to take chances at our age. Stay and enjoy your time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you enjoyed your time at your son's house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would change the appointment too if there was ice on the roads. Better to be safe than sorry as the old saying goes.

    I found a quarter in the Walmart parking lot a few weeks ago. I couldn’t believe someone else didn’t pick it up first.

    Sounds like a good week for you. I hope this week is good for you too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kris is a very wise son and I do hope you decided to stay. No sense in endangering yourselves (or others) on the roads if there's no need for it.
    I'm trying my best to stay away from Fabricland and Michaels (not really a hardship because the closest stores are nearly an hour away) but that's not to say I don't spend too much time looking at deals on the internet.
    Hard to believe the pictures we're seeing of the snow out your way. Here it's currently 13C (6:30 pm) but the weather report is saying that we should expect temps to plummet overnight.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a hard time limiting myself in the fabric store , so I try not to look ever!

    ReplyDelete