Friday, November 11, 2022

Frugal Friday


 Well, no working oven as of yet. What worked last time did not help at all this time. Harvey wants to take the back off tomorrow and see what is happening, if wires are touching. This means we will be phoning Bill probably on Monday. Hopefully he can find out what is wrong and can fix it quickly. 

Until the time it is fixed appliance cooking will be the norm and no cookie making or cinnamon rolls unless I want to spend hours doing them. 


So, what frugal things have I been up to this week.

1.  Only one spend day this week and that was purchasing fuel on our way home.

2.  Used up all leftovers in other meals or in some cases for lunch.

3.  Instead of going and buying donuts or some other dessert I made a chocolate cake for our desserts this week.

4.  Hung two full loads and one partial load on the clotheslines downstairs. 

5.  Rinsed out the bath gel bottle and got another use out of it. 

6.  The best one yet. I mentioned to Harvey that bending over the cutting table causes my back a bit of strain. At first, he was looking online for raising it, but all of a sudden, he disappeared downstairs to his work room. From his stash of small pieces of wood, he fashioned blocks that the legs of my table fit in and those blocks raise the cutting table about 4". Just perfect!!! And they didn't cost a cent.


Everybody have a wonderful evening. 

God bless.



5 comments:

  1. My cutting table has blocks of wood underneath it too - otherwise it kills my back. We both have smart hubbies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That oven really is being a pain, isn't it. I do hope you discover and sort whatever the problem is.
    What a clever idea for raising the table. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that Harvey raised your cutting board. It’s great that it eased the strain on your back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great table hack. Much better for your back in the long term.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done Harvey! I do hope the oven issue can be figured out soon. You'll definitely want a working one for Christmas and if you have to order a new stove you'd be cutting it close.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete