Sunday, November 27, 2022

Sunday Ramblings


 I have not had the best of days. Sitting on a hard pew with no way of taking the pressure off my back is something I can't enjoy. I think I may start taking a small pillow to church just for that purpose. It would probably make it much easier to pay attention to the sermon.

Once home and after a quick breakfast/lunch I headed out shopping. Walmart was not crowded so I got everything I needed very quickly. However, I did have to search for the bacon that was on sale. 

My next stop was my grocery store. First, they did not have all the sale items I was looking for. Which means I will probably need to make another trip to get what I want... This from a person who only likes shopping once every two weeks and is terrified of bringing some disease home that could cause Harvey problems. The second problem was that all the card machines were down, and the store did not warn people as they came in. I ended up leaving my cart and running to the bank to get cash.... Always a bit of a problem as one really never knows exactly what something is going to cost. I got close though and the extra will be used for our allowances this week. The bad thing is no money back on what I purchased as there would be if I had used my Visa. 

Once home with all put away I started on my rug project. I did manage to finish off the stripe and actually get about halfway through the next. I plan on finishing that one tonight instead of knitting. I am going to have to take a break from that as it is getting heavy and lifting it from the floor has caused a problem with my shoulder. I will need to rest the shoulder a bit. I hope to get back to it soon. 

The next couple of days will be spent working on the quilt, doing Christmas cards, and perhaps trying to get a bit of baking done. 


Everybody have a wonderful evening. 

God bless.

4 comments:

  1. That does sound uncomfortable. I suppose hard pews are to ensure one doesn't fall asleep but I think a cushion or pillow is a Very Good Idea indeed. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do hope your back issues resolve soon. It sounds painful and uncomfortable.
    I wonder if you could use your cutting table to hold the rug and add the fabric at the edge?
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear, sore back and sore shoulder, both sound very uncomfortable. Hope your pain eases soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Be sure to take care of you and rest. There's always the option to give a 'promissory note' that the actual gift will be given after Christmas.

    ReplyDelete