Thursday, November 24, 2022

Thrifty Thursday

 


Another thrifty week has drawn to a close. Things are moving along nicely, but I am still a bit worried about getting all done. I will try my best though.

What thrifty things have I been up to this week.


1.  Using up scraps of fabric in both the rug and the quilt. I have also been using up the odd spools of thread on the quilt (same could be said for the bobbins as well). 


2.  Using up everything I can in the fridge and fridge freezer in order to make room for the Christmas leftovers.


3.  Fixed two buttons on a shirt. Got to love those button jars at times like this.


4.  Making extra food to freeze during those busy nights coming up very soon.


5.  Enjoying free TV using my minicomputer attached to the television. 


6.  Reading a free book on my ereader. Planning to download a few more very soon.


7.  Making another bits and bobs knitted blanket.


Probably many more, but that is all I can think of right now. Still every little thrifty savings helps in the long run. Things add up over time and every little bit of thrifty happenings makes me very happy, and contented. Most times it also means a clearing out of items so decluttering happening as well.


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

5 comments:

  1. I always appreciate reading about your thrifty endeavours. Right now I'm working on making cross stitched bookmarks to include in Christmas gifts - no cost because I have the supplies already in my stash ready to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All very impressive and I agree, it all adds up, slowly and steadily. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The one you haven't on the list is, staying home and doing all of these things. No shopping is the thriftiest. I struggle with #2 the most. I find things in the back of the fridge I've forgotten and end up tossing leftovers. Even so, since garbage pickup is down to once ever two weeks here, I still don't fill the bin like some of the neighbours do.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't send out cards anymore but do email a message to folks who were on my list. That seems to work out as though we are not in contact, they always email me back with news, etc. Two things your list reminded me of, I too have bits of thread left on bobbins and spools and need to use that up and also take stock of the leftover wool. My present afghan I'm crocheting is making me feel good about using up some of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Agree with Maebeme - sometimes avoiding spending & staying home is the thriftiest option of all. Our kids would love to spend Thanksgiving with my parents (they ask every year), but we go there for Christmas, and flights are incredibly pricey this year. Instead, we'll enjoy our time here, and then make our way to Portland for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete