Tuesday, November 8, 2022

Tuesday Tidbits

 

Today was a warmer day and things even began to melt a little bit. I know that tomorrow morning the puddles will once again be frozen, but it was nice to see the sun for a few hours.

Today I thought I would share a few pictures of what I purchased in Regina while we were up there.



Remember I said that I needed to purchase some more knit fabric as there was no way I would have enough to finish the rug for Kurt. Well, this is what I managed to find on sale, and hopefully with the addition of some more scraps from cutting out patterns I will be able to finish it off. The great thing about this pile was everything was 40 or 50 percent off. Got to love a good sale.

This is what that pile looks like now.

All cut into 5" wide bands which will be cut down further into 2" wide strips (those will be cut down even more). Hmmm, perhaps I should just try and cut them down into the 1/2 " wide strips I use. Might save a bit of time and that is what my sewing time will be tomorrow.


Knit fabric to make myself two more dresses for winter wear. Of course, the only colour that is true is the blue. The other is kind of a rusty burgundy.


I picked up some on sale yarn to try and get some baby shawls made for the church at some point and of course some DMC threads for cross stitching. I was running low on these colours.


I then decided that while my computer was doing another update I would dig through my quilt squares to see if I could find more along the cord fabric line. I think I might run a bit short and so was happy to find a few more. I will have to cut some down smaller but that's fine.

It is answering questions day tomorrow so if you have any let me know.

Everybody have a wonderful evening. 
God bless.

6 comments:

  1. Question - can you please show how you use the knit fabric to make a rug? Pulling strips through hessian perhaps? I really dont know so I'm guessing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the crafty purchases! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you were able to get some bargains. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see your completed projects. Your crafts are always so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love to see you projects and how you do them. The floss reminds me of how much I love embroidery and I need to get mine out and work on it in the evenings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you got some bargains. A lot of my fabric stash came from the thrift store in the form of clothing. I don't know about the prices now but then it was far cheaper to buy clothes and cut them up than it was to buy yardage, even on sale. Haven't been thrifting for a long time but I've heard the prices have increased so it might not be so economical now.

    ReplyDelete