Wednesday, November 9, 2022

Mid-Week Once Again

 


I thought that perhaps from now on I would use Wednesdays to answer questions that you all have asked me. I am hoping that by doing so I can more easily remember to answer them.


First off Ms. Goose asked if it was a Nintendo Switch that Kris was charging in the picture. Yes, it was. I sent him a text and asked him how he was charging it without using the dock. Here is what he told me. He uses the cord that you would use to charge it in the dock. You connect that cord directly into the Switches usb-c. He then plugs the other end into his handy dandy usb dock located in his end table. That usb dock is somehow plugged into the wall kind of like a phone charger. Hope that helps.


Jenny asked how I make the rugs out of knit fabric scraps. Well I cut 5" wide bands of fabric (most of my scraps are fairly large) and then cut those down to 1/2" long pieces. I use rug hooking backing like this,

to pull those 5" x 1/2" strips through and then tie them twice. Each small square gets a knotted strip. Takes a great deal of time and patience to get them through and tied. I go down one side of the white thread and up the other side in each and every square. I hope I managed to explain it well enough. 


Everybody have a wonderful evening. 

God bless.


6 comments:

  1. I’d love to make a rug one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't the weeks go quickly? It will be the weekend again before we know it!
    Have a lovely day!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't technology amazing. I've seen the USB ports in side tables in hotels but didn't realize we could buy them for home use.
    Your response to the question about the rug has me asking a couple of questions. Where do you buy your rug backing - I've only seen it in kits? Also, could one use leftover yarn for the same purpose as the knit fabric?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That really looks like fun, but then I am a little strange when it comes to my idea of fun. You and I can be strange together. We can have a club and a secret handshake...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Many thanks to you & Kris. I'm gonna try charging the console that way. You've taught me something new :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember my grandma using canvas like that to make rugs but she preferred to do the braided versions.

    ReplyDelete