Sunday, November 20, 2022

Sunday Ramblings

 


It has been a very quiet weekend all told. I think we are beginning to move into the nesting phase or perhaps hibernation. 

I really did not get much done the last couple of days on my projects. Most was completed at the beginning of the week. Now that the back is feeling much better, I started to work a bit harder at the cutting table. Perhaps not the best idea to work for 3 or 4 hours straight doing the same thing over and over,

For the first time ever, this happened.



I have never cut myself with my rotary cutter, but I guess there is always a first time. I haven't even looked to see how bad it is, just quickly threw on some band aids and hoped for the best. I see by the picture that there has been some bleeding through.... I still hopeful that I can get the remaining fabric cut into those strips and the sashing cut for the quilt. I had planned on cutting out a pattern, but that will need to wait until tomorrow.

Oh yeah, and I managed to cut myself with a knife as well. Guess that today was not a great day for me to be using sharp items.


Everybody have a wonderful evening. 

God bless.


8 comments:

  1. I'm very sorry to hear that you cut your finger. I did something similar this week with a kitchen knife, I think I am preoccupied! If you don't mind me asking, what brand of rotary cutter do you use. I've tried one - an Olfa, but I never could get it to cut through anything. Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Double ouch and hope you don’t need stitches! I call that suffering for your art. - Juhli

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear that you cut yourself! Hope it's minor & heals quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, ouch, Jackie. Probably best not to look too closely for a few days, just keep it covered and clean.
    I hope it's not too sore. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. On dear, two injuries in one day. Perhaps your mind was somewhere else while you were busy cutting. Do take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh ouch!!!! Rotary cutters can be dangerous and all it takes is a moment. Take care of you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yikes, that does not sound pleasant. I hope it heals quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ouch. Sounds like two cuts in the same day really not a good day. Maybe you're pushing too hard to try to get too much done. That tends to be when accidents happen. Hope you heal quickly.

    ReplyDelete