Wednesday, November 16, 2022

Midweek Notions

 


Okay, I really am trying to stay calm, but things are getting away from me quite quickly. 


After about 3 hours of sewing (my back started to pain me about then) I only managed to get another 8 blocks done. I need at least another 14 and then there is the sashing, borders, and binding to do. Not to mention the quilting....

Then there is the rug. I think I might just be 1/3 of the way done, but there is much more to do. 

Help!!!!! I foresee some late nights ahead.

Of course, add into this Christmas baking, tree decorating, cards (both making and getting out) and I am sure that there is really not enough time left at all.  Once again I left things a bit too late. 

Harvey managed to get the wiring fixed on the oven and it seems to be working. He is going to order an element just in case. Still, I have found that lots can be made in my toaster oven or other appliances. In fact, in some cases I prefer using the appliance over the oven. I will see how much more I can do and probably save a bit of energy at the same time.

I was asked to share any recipes I use from that old home remedy book and will do so. The first I think I am going to try is a cough/sore throat remedy, and then a lozenges recipe. Going to set a day next week to get some things in that area done and some bath products made as well. Dang, I keep adding to the to do list....

Off to get supper on the table, the oven seemed to work just fine. Tonight, I was using up some leftover spaghetti and meat sauce making baked spaghetti. Wasn't sure if Hubby would have the oven working so no garlic bread. 


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.



7 comments:

  1. Hi, do you like working under pressure? Otherwise you can redefine what you want to do…hilogene in Az

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, Harvey and thank goodness. I'm sure you are right about using other appliances to save on fuel.

    I look forward to reading about your home remedies. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jackie, don't worry about the recipes unless you've got the time. You could always do them after Xmas. Sounds like you've got a lot on your plate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh you do seem to have an awful lot to do, Jackie. I've had to slow down and redefine 'must do before Christmas' things otherwise I won't enjoy them. Do take it easier if you can.
    Well done Harvey on the repair!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it always like that? We put off and then we spurt to the finish line. Yikes! I can only sew about 3 hours now before me back gives out. SO happy Harvey could patch up that stove.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm happy to hear that Harvey got the oven to work! The home remedies sound interesting. Looking forward to it. Remember that slow & steady wins the race. Just doing a small amount of crafting every day, will help you make progress on your crafts/gifts. I hope your back feels better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know how you feel about that deadline so rapidly approaching. I normally work on gifts starting the end of January but this year I fell down on the job and now I'm scrambling to get everything on my list done. Soon....
    Glad Harvery got your oven to work - he's a talented man!

    ReplyDelete