Friday, November 18, 2022

Frugal Friday

 


So sorry for missing Thrifty Thursday yesterday, but I was exhausted, and my back was spasming with pain. After Bible study I made supper, crawled into a bath and then went to bed. Today, I have residual pain, but nothing like what I had yesterday.


So, what frugal things have been happening on the old Phillips homestead.

1.  Harvey replaced the wiring on the stove and so far, things are working. Our appliance guy (who is a friend from the small village Harvey grew up in) called to see if things had worked out, he would have come if there had been a problem. So far have saved that cost..00


2.  Put $3.35 in the change jars. I also added another $70 to my savings envelope.


3.  Still using some appliances to cook meals. Hopefully saving on electrical costs.


4.  Reading free books on my ereader (or ones I have purchased with points and gift certificates). 


5.  Using up bits and bobs of yarn knitting blankets. The same goes for knit fabric scraps on the rug.


6.  I will be sewing my Christmas outfit, have the pieces ready to cut out on some fabric I bought on deep discount.


7.  I had some of the ice cleats work their way out of my cleats. Harvey realized that they were nails that had been cut off and inserted and so is fixing them for me. The ones I bought last year were fairly expensive so fixing them is saving me some cash and will make walking on ice easier once again.


Everybody have a wonderful evening. 

God bless.


5 comments:

  1. You certainly don't have to apologize for missing a post! Just take care of your back.
    Very glad that your DH was able to fix your stove - that's a huge savings for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very sorry to read about your back causing so much pain and am so glad it is subsiding again. Take care. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about your back. Hopefully it is improving each day. It's amazing how much we rely on those muscles to do our daily routine.
    Glad to hear that Harvey was able to repair the wiring, and is working on your cleats.
    Take care and stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear about your back, and hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad your back is feeling a little better and that your stove is working again. You definitely saved yourselves some money sorting it out yourselves.

    ReplyDelete