Saturday, November 12, 2022

Saturday Roundup

 


Nothing really completed this week, though I have really been working on projects. Hopefully by next Saturday I will have some projects finished or at least enough done so a person can see a difference. 

The oven is toast. Harvey cannot fix it and so we will be phoning Bill on Monday to see if there is anything he can do. Still, I am grateful that I have the appliances that I do so as to be able to continue cooking meals for us. I am hoping that it can be fixed, and we don't need to purchase another. Just too close to Christmas and with only a 7-year-old range not really happy about that. I use my oven at least 3 or 4 times a week so I am missing it a great deal.

I am loving the blocks under the legs of the cutting table. So much easier under my back. I actually am enjoying cutting the strips for the rug. I can only imagine how easy on my back it will be to cut out patterns, which I will need to do in a few days. Just to add another colour of knit fabric to use in the rug. I also need to cut out my Christmas dress. 



My shopping list is made for next week and it is a big one. The weather pundits have been pushing that it is going to be a long, cold and snowy winter and I really want to be prepared for that. With prices rising this could be a difficult stock up, but I hopefully can find enough things on sale or at reduced prices. I am hoping that I can keep other costs fairly low or below what we have budgeted for. There are always small ways to save cash and I am going to use them to do so. 

Probably the best way to save cash is to use up everything we possibly can and make some substitutions for things that we can. 

I gave Kurt and Kris some of the knitted blankets and each of them a quilt as well. I plan on using up more of the bits and bobs to make even more over the next year. I like having enough blankets and such to keep us warm if the power goes out, which can happen in our storms here on the prairies.  

I have enough points to get gift cards to purchase reading material to last for a while. I purchase those books that my library will never get. I also download lots of free reading materials as well. 

Heck blogs and reading on the internet keeps me informed and there are enough free patterns to keep me busy for at least 100 years when you add in my own craft books. 

I think that we will be able survive any downturn in the economy and hopefully be able to actually thrive. I am sure all of you will as well. Keep on living frugally and mindfully.


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.


7 comments:

  1. You have inspired me to attempt crocheting again - after the new year. It’s been 35+ years. I still have my needles as well as my moms just waiting for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm trying to use up what I have too. Even here in New Zealand costs are rising sharply. I'm grateful for my garden and the fact that it is summer so no heating necessary,

    ReplyDelete
  3. How frustrating about the oven. I'd miss mine too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do hope the oven can be repaired.
    I'm pretty certain I'll make it through these times because my needs are pretty simple. Using up what I have and finding less expensive alternatives is definitely a must.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fingers crossed that your oven can be fixed. We've been stocking up our pantry here too. With the increase in covid cases we'll be staying home and not shopping as much over the next few months so best to be prepared.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry about your oven. I hope you can get it repaired. Just what you don't need 6 weeks before Xmas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sorry that you have to get a new stove. Drat! Right before the holiday.

    ReplyDelete