Sunday, January 10, 2016

40 Years

Today Harvey and I celebrated our 40th Wedding Anniversary.

He usually buys me yellow roses because that is what I carried the day we were married. This year there was not a yellow rose to be found in the city. To make up for the pink roses (something he really did not need to do), I got one rose for every year we have been married. My house is filled with beautiful colour and loving thoughts.

We have grown together over the years. Gotten grey hair, raised two wonderful boys into young men to be proud of, worked through the loss of our daughter and just plain lived life, and lived it well.

Here is hoping for many more years of love, laughter and joy for the two of us.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.


3 comments:

  1. Happiest belated anniversary, dear friend. you are beautiful and he is A HUNK !
    I didn't know about you losing a daughter. I am so sorry for your loss....something you never really recover from.
    Love to you.....

    Mr. Sweet and I will have our 56th anniversary in April ...it's been a very long journey together that was blessed from the very start and right on thru the years. God is so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary, my friend. Life has been good to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your 40th wedding anniversary. What a romantic gesture by your husband. I bet your house looks beautiful filled with roses.

    ReplyDelete