Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Thrifty Tuesday

Today we got our power and gas bill and my questions on whether we are doing enough to lower our consumption have been answered.

After the over payments from November and December bills were added up and our consumption for the past little while actually read, our bill was only $12.38. I was expecting that they would owe us some money, but considering the boys were home and more heat used I am quite satisfied with the result. Seems making sure lights are off, line drying as much as possible, turning down the heat in our room during the day (when it is warm enough to do so) and all the timed thermostats we installed are working. Now just hoping we can keep this up.

Gas was low as well only $94.86. I think this is because of the warm December and the fact that when we have the front drapery open the heat coming from the sun into the south facing living room radiates through the older portion of the house keeping it nice and warm.

It has turned much colder now so I expect that the cost of heating the house will go up a bit, but as winter is slowly drawing to a close I am hopeful that we will be well under budget for the year.

I have also been having fun looking up recipes on the internet to use up our leftovers in wonderful new meals. Some of which will definitely be going into the menu rotation, others will need a bit of tweaking.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

1 comment:

  1. I agree, the weather has been a big help this year with it being so mild. We are in the middle of a cold snap here in Southern Ontario, but nothing drastic. I once again paid $75 each on both my hydro and gas accounts today. We are still in a credit with the gas, and I am hoping the $75 will cover the hydro, we only get billed every other month, but I paid $75 EVERY month and it seems to cover it.

    ReplyDelete