Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Thrifty Tuesday

Very thrifty day today.

Money coming in and no money going out. The best of all possible worlds right now after the excesses of last month.

Today I subbed the afternoon at one of the schools in our Catholic School Division.

This is our dual track school, meaning both English and French Immersion. I was on the English side, and had an enjoyable time. I got to stay in one class for the entire afternoon which was a pleasant change from running class to class.

I even celebrated a birthday for one of the children. Got a free doughnut..... Not that I really needed it considering the fluffiness I need to get rid of somehow.

My healthy snack for the afternoon was some cheese that had been cut for our Christmas celebration. One more leftover gone from the fridge.

My menu already changed this week. I had thought Harvey would eat the salmon patties for his lunch (he usually loves these heated, mashed and in a sandwich). Not this time, so we had them with the leftover mashed potatoes for supper last night. Guess the turkey pot pies will be made tomorrow and those leftovers consumed a couple of days later.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment