Friday, January 22, 2016

Frugal Friday

The end of the third full week of the month. I have definitely tried to be as frugal as I possibly can. Finding things buried in our large chest freezer that I have been trying to use up. Today for instance supper was supposed to be a tuna casserole... However as I gazed in the chest freezer I found 2 packages of trout that have been in there for awhile (probably 3 months if not more). I decided it was time to use them up. Thus clearing out some food that might go to waste (I did have it vacuum sealed however) and make a bit of room for some baking or batch cooking.

I have been spending time sewing and replacing a few items in my wardrobe for a fraction of what it would cost to buy them and having fun doing so. However I am almost up to the dreaded red coat ......

I have been going for my early morning walk every day. Free exercise is always good.

I am getting a bit more daring at substituting ingredients in recipes. So far my subs have worked out just fine.

I have been using up bags of frozen meat from our bigger Sunday dinners. Then once a week I have a clean out the fridge night when the leftovers start to pile up (usually two or three days of casseroles or soup give me enough leftovers for another meal). Anything left after that is packaged up and frozen for Kris to use as a TV dinner.

I have been watching free TV and wondering if we can get rid of some of our satellite packages. Cut down on that bill a bit so we can get faster internet for streaming.

The largest frugal past time this week has been staying out of the stores. I did a very small shop near the beginning of the week and probably will not have to go again until the middle of next week.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment