Thursday, January 14, 2016

Thursday Tid Bits

The day was warm and towards the end of the afternoon sunny, actually quite nice once again. However the temperatures will be colder for the remainder of the week, and there is also some more snow in the forecast. I just keep remembering that we are at least half way through winter, the days are getting longer, and I have a nice warm house to curl up in as well as lots of unfinished projects.

I really did mean to post yesterday, but I am not feeling tip top. My sinus' are bothering me and my head was pounding. Today the pounding is down to a dull throb and the sinus problem seems to be clearing up a little bit. Hopefully tomorrow I will be back to feeling like my normal self.

While I did get all the household chores done yesterday, it was a struggle. I just wanted to curl up on my chair and work on the embroidery I inherited from my mother. By the afternoon, that is exactly where I could be found.

Slowly but surely I can see changes in the quilt top. I plan on continuing working on it until Sunday and then switch to finishing the sewing projects during the next week. My goal list might not get totally finished by the end of the month, but I will try my hardest.

Today, Harvey took his truck in for an oil change and battery check (he has been having lots of trouble starting the truck this winter). Turns out he needed a new battery and they found a leak in one of the front struts (whatever that is). So we are now over budget for truck and car maintenance and fuel. Hopefully we will be under budget for the foreseeable future. Need to make the cash expended on repairs back.

I did the weekly shop and paid all the bills today. Trying very hard to have those 22 no spend days this month. I think with any luck we should be under budget for groceries, pet supplies, and household goods this month. I do hope for some good pork sales over the next few weeks as our pork supply is getting very low.

The Canadian dollar took another dive today which means things will be getting even more expensive. Looking at the price of vegetables and fruit we may be using more canned this winter than I really like. A person no longer knows prices and my price book is constantly changing. I may have to start another one, the cross offs and teeny tiny printing are getting to me.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

1 comment:

  1. I agree the grocery prices are going up and up. No interest charges were added to our tax bill. I wouldn't have paid them anyway as if was their fault not mine that I didn't get the bill.

    ReplyDelete