Saturday, January 23, 2016

Saturday Roundup

Today started off just lovely. The sun was shining, the temperature above freezing and joy of joys, no wind. However by the afternoon that changed to overcast skies, falling temperatures and very gusty winds.

I thought I would update you all on how far along my unfinished projects have come over the last week.

First my sewing.

The corduroy dress that Harvey keeps thinking is a nightgown.

A simple, light weight dress. This is more a wear around the house or to run out shopping dress.

A medium weight jumper/sleeveless dress.

A light blue knit split skirt.

All these have some hand hemming to do, so that will be done tomorrow afternoon while I am watching Little House on the Prairie episodes. The corduroy dress needs some snaps and buttons as well. I see a relaxing day ahead of me.

The only pattern I have left to sew is the dreaded coat/jacket. So many new techniques to master in doing this one. I am thinking that I should be able to get a really good start on it the beginning of next week. Don't know if it will be finished by the end of the week, but I will at least give it a try.

Now I will show all of you how far along the embroidery is.

I work on this for an hour or so each night and every day I see more and more of it being completed.

Slowly but surely some of those unfinished projects are being completed. It does mean, however, that not all of my goals will be met this month. But there is always next month!

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.





1 comment:

  1. You're doing really well with your projects Jackie. I have been working on a couple of mine recently and making progress. It feels good to move them on and keeps me out of the shops too.

    ReplyDelete