Friday, March 13, 2020

Frugal Friday


Once again I have been missing in action. Not deliberately, but more because life happens and I get caught up in it. This has been one of those times.

After weeks of watching almost every other province in Canada hit by the Covid-19 virus, this week my province was. One case is at least a 5 hour drive away from us, the other a bit closer. Things are being cancelled left and right, people are beginning to panic a bit more (the Costco in one city sold out of toilet paper quite rapidly). Even I am starting to wonder..... More about Kris and worry that I may not be able to get up to help him out or that the doctor will cancel his appointment (must make a reservation at our favourite hotel). He has already more than self isolated over this broken hip.

Anyhow, enough of this whinging and whimpering. Time to get on with it.

Frugal happenings around here were the usual.

1. Washing of laundry was done where possible in cold water, rinsing is always cold. I hung what I could on the lines downstairs.

2.  Harvey bought a water saving showerhead and decided last night to actually see how much water he uses. He measured 1/4 inch in the bottom of the tub when he was done. Not too shabby.

3.  I watched the Great British Sewing Bee on the television this week and have been inspired by their recycling of clothing and scraps. I think once I get the pants I have cut out sewn, I am going to start another quilt top (a denim one as Harvey took the one I made a couple of months ago). I have lots of denim cut from old jeans and I just love me a denim quilt.

4.  I saved $34.11 at the grocery (mind you the resulting bill was horrendous) buying on sale items.

5.  Still using up those partial balls of yarn on the new temperature blanket for this year.

I hope to have some pictures of finished projects for you all tomorrow. 

Everybody have a wonderful day. 

God bless.

5 comments:

  1. I think we are all getting more worried about Covid 19. Our PM described it as the biggest health crisis in a generation. I'm reducing my social contacts as much as I can - there's plenty to do at home anyway! I went out Tuesday, had a grocery delivery Wednesday and that's it. I shall go to church Sunday then nothing next week.

    Look after yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We can only all hope for the best. We had no cases on the island and then we had one. Then yesterday I was supposed to get the other half of my root canal finished and saw on the news that one person at the Vancouver Dental show has it. My dentist had told me before that they were shutting the office to go to that when I made the appointment. I immediately called the dental office - they hadn't seen the news and were unaware of this development. I have postponed the appointment for 3 weeks now :( Really wanted to get the tooth finished but not worth it. I also made my Mom delay her appointment as she goes to the same dentist. Terrible times but still trying to count my blessings every day which I have many. I hope things go smooothly for your son with his appointment, he's had enough crap this year already

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best wishes to you and your family.

    Stay safe!
    Courage!
    🍃 🌱 🌷 🌱 🍃

    ReplyDelete
  4. looking forward to your temperature blanket, using up the stash yarn makes you feel good. Then..you can buy more on sale. I have a crochet blog in addition to my personal blog...click on the link and stop over..it's evolving...it's all about crochet. Stay well Jackie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Covid-19 is definitely worrisome. Hopefully Kris' doctor will ensure his appointment is at a time of day when there are few other clients in the office.

    I think the people of bought out the toilet paper at Costco are ridiculous.

    I do love the idea of a denim quilt!!
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete