Thursday, March 19, 2020

Thursday Tidbits

It has been a quiet day here on the old homestead. I have managed to get all my chores completed and a few things ready for sewing over the next few days.

I even managed to get out for a walk this afternoon. Sure it was only to get the mail, but it was lovely to feel the sun on my face.

Shopping was still an adventure. There is still no bread flour, toilet paper, large packages of sugar and surprisingly no beef granules. Those are items I will need to look for in a couple of weeks. The meat counter in my favorite grocery was well picked over as well. 

Still I got my heart up on the window and hopefully more of our citizens will follow suit. 

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

4 comments:

  1. I think many of us are getting our heads around this period of isolation. There will be a lot of incredibly well organised cupboards and drawers, craft stashes will be diminished and unread books piles will be a thing of the past. Until we start to reverse the process.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What does the heart symbolize? I went to the grocery yesterday, many things not available. Empty shelves. Panic shopping. For many years, I've kept a small pantry, for times such as this. Never thinking & hoping it would never be needed. I shop as I normally do with no panic. I am grateful. Stay Well..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The heart in the window was started to thank all essential workers in my province during this crisis for their selflessness. Then once small children saw them they started to count them while on their daily walk with their parents. Now we are using it here in my city to give those of us who are walking (practicing social distancing) a lift as well.

      Delete
  3. My latest post....

    Gentle hugs,
    Stay safe,
    🌱 🌷 🌱

    ReplyDelete