Sunday, March 29, 2020

Sunday Ramblings

The last two weeks we have been lucky enough to enjoy the Mass live streamed. It is very different and yet not. The responses are the same, and as we are social distancing the only hands we shake at the sign of peace is each others, and do not partake of communion, there is still a feeling of peace and being united with others during this season of Lent.

There were more cases of Covid-19 found here in my province today. Actually the highest amount since this whole pandemic entered my country. Still there are fewer cases here than in other provinces and we can be thankful for that. Yet the way they keep mounting that could change very easily. Still we are one of the few provinces that has not had a death from the virus and that is a very good thing.

The days are passing. I am using phone calls, texts, Facebook and Twitter to keep in touch with everyone. Thanks to a wonderful blogger I will be exchanging letters with another blogger from the UK. Interesting times ahead.

The rest of the day has been spent taking walks, making lists of chores for the week, a bit of sewing, and some knitting. I was all gung ho about cleaning and organizing the pantry, but just do not feel up to it right now. Same with the cupboard that I keep some larger items in. Well there is always tomorrow, I am not going anywhere.

I plan on finishing the masks tomorrow. I need to sew up three more, but I do not want to overwork my machine so even if I only get two done I will be happy.

Harvey's brother Loran and his wife Wendy had some bad news this past week. This is the second marriage for both of them and now this virus is playing havoc with the family. Not that any of them have contracted it, but two of Loran's children from his previous marriage are now without jobs, and the third has had to take a 20% pay cut. Wendy's two boys from her first marriage both lost their jobs. I am so relieved that our boys are still working.

Walking is my way of keeping sane during this time. Listening to the geese flying north once again, the robins singing, and the mourning doves are back once more. As there is less traffic I can hear them much clearer in the early morning.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.



14 comments:

  1. Such hard and uncertain times for so many people, my heart goes out to all those affected by this pandemic in whatever capacity. Glad you are safe and well, take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are being careful. I am the only one shopping as Harvey has an enlarged heart.

      God bless.

      Delete
  2. What a difficult time for your BIL and his family. Taking walks seems to have such a healing effect in these times for many of us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being outside in some form or another does seem to help, especially when the sun is shining.

      God bless.

      Delete
  3. Two of our kids lost jobs but thankfully both are ok, my stepdaughter lost her part time waitressing job when the restaurant shut, but kept her part time liquor store job that has now turned into fulltime with $3 an hour pay increase per hour (danger pay). Stepson #1 is finishing his last few weeks of college online. Wants to be a cop but all hiring has been frozen as they don't want to do training in this timeframe. He lost his parttime job when the rec centre he worked at closed. He was hired immediately by a security firm, just has to finish 2 weeks of online training with them and then will start work. Stepson #3 thinks he is losing his job today but is mentally and financially prepared as has been saving money to buy a house and has not overstretched his finances. He is a 3rd year commercial plumber in Edmonton. He is sad as had financial goals that will now take longer. No one will get out of this totally unscathed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right, this virus is changing things each and every day.

      Our oldest son teaches in Alberta and is going into the school each day and teaching online.

      God bless.

      Delete
  4. Yes, there are people who are being very hard hit, by this pandemic. I'm happy that our extended family is still working. From home, in many cases. Happy that yours are too.

    Day by day. Day by day.

    And keep blogging!!!!!! -smile-

    Please stay calm,
    and carry on.
    πŸ’›πŸŒ±πŸŒΈπŸŒ±πŸ’›

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our youngest son started working from home because of his broken hip just before his office decided that everyone should work from home.

      Oldest is a teacher in Alberta and is going into the school each day and teaching online.

      God bless.

      Delete
  5. I start a day with good intentions, but as the hours go by so many things do not get finished. Lack of energy? Lack of will? I'm not sure, but just go on doing what seems possible without worrying too much.
    Did you use a pattern for your masks?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found a fairly simple pattern online that I have been using.

      God bless.

      Delete
  6. All of our lives have had some impact by this horrid virus, even if it is at a distance. My heart goes out to those who have been laid off or have lost their jobs. Hopefully they are able to access the additional funding the federal government is providing.

    Your days sound much like mine, though I'm being lazy and not walking outdoors.

    Take care and stay well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am looking forward to having a lazy day on Saturday this week. One where I can curl up on a chair and read the day away.

      God bless.

      Delete
  7. Jackie, I'm jealous that you see the robins. None spotted here in NE Alberta yet but I did hear geese one day. Still cold with temps ~ -10 most mornings and a wicked cold wind. Like you, walking is my way of keeping sane. I've always prescribed to the 6 doctors - sun, water, air, nutrition, exercise and rest. Take good care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard that you are getting hit perhaps with more nasty weather. I do hope things improve for you. Nothing says spring quite like seeing your first robin.



      God bless.

      Delete