Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Thrifty Tuesday

I am busy using up all cleaning products, getting the last little bits out of each and every bottle.

Then I am going to use this book,

and this book,
to make my own cleaners. I have been collecting spray bottles in order to do so. 

There will of course still be store bought cleaners in my home, I just want to cut a few of them out and see if things can be cleaned in a more thrifty manner.

I have darned a pair of socks (actually two as I did one of Kris's as well), and fixed a hem on one of Harvey's t-shirts.

I managed to use up the thread on a couple of bobbins as well.

Everybody have a wonderful day. 

God bless.

3 comments:

  1. They look like good books, I'm always on the hunt for new suggestions - that don't involve vinegar! Hope you pick up some good tips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never learned to darn socks.

    Wish I had.

    I can only use all cotton socks... And they go-out at the heel. I could save money, by darning. But... wonder if, with a thin, cotton sock, the darning would hurt my heel?

    🌱 🌸 🌱 🌷 🌱

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made my own vinegar and lemon peel spray a few years ago and it worked fine, but I think with the rubbing I did just water would have done as well.
    Hope your garden will be free of snow soon.. gardening is good for well being especially in the sunshine.

    ReplyDelete