Monday, March 2, 2020

Menu Monday

Wow March already, time flies by. I suppose the excitement and worry during the month of February had a great deal to do with the whole time flying by thing.

I seem to have a bit more time now that Kris is back in his apartment (though I will be traveling up to Regina on Friday to spend a day and night with him) and am slowly managing to get caught up on the little things around the old homestead.

Don't worry I managed to catch up on some larger scale items as well.

On to the menus for the week.

Sunday

This was roast chicken with the remainders frozen in bags to be used later on in the week and month. I served it with roasted potatoes, and roasted carrots.

Monday

A bag of leftover ham will be used to fashion a meal. I am thinking Ham Pasties so I can use up some puff pastry and have a couple of pasties left for a meal on Wednesday.

Tuesday

Taking a package of the leftover chicken from Sunday and trying something new.

Wednesday

Using up the leftover ham pasties. I will make a salad to go along with them.

Thursday

Since I need to be at the church fairly early today to help set up for bible study I am pulling some Lazy Cabbage Rolls from the freezer for our meal.

Friday

I will be in Regina this evening so I will leave instructions on Harvey having fish sticks (don't care for them, but he loves them) and fries (will buy a bag of frozen fries so he does not have to make his own). I wonder if he will follow directions.....

Saturday

I should be back today and if Harvey did not eat the fish sticks we will have them tonight. If he did I will make hotdogs and serve them with some coleslaw.

Sunday

Beef roast, roasted potatoes, roasted carrots and onions, as well as a tossed salad.

Everybody have a wonderful day.

God bless.

3 comments:

  1. I do so envy being able to write a menu plan and stick to it! Your meals sound lovely. I don't eat meat myself (just a little fish) but my hubby does and he would love everything except the fish sticks.
    Happy Spring Jackie! Angie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I chuckled at your comment about Harvey following directions. When mom was away and Dad was in charge, we always had fried bologna. I assume he made potatoes too as we had those with every meal.

    At one time I liked fish sticks but I haven't had them in years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too, think it wonderful, to be able to write a week's meal plans and stick to it!

    And also think it's quite wonderful that you can do such, with all you have had going on!!!

    So glad you are more settled!!!!

    Gentle hugs...

    ReplyDelete