Saturday, March 21, 2020

Saturday Roundup

Quiet day once again here on the old homestead. It started with snow, but I took my morning walk any way. Bad thing was the snow hid ice and I did feel myself starting to slip a couple of times, caught myself though so nothing untoward happened. Since this is a weekly round-up I may as well tell all of you I managed to get out for at least two walks every day.

I also managed to get my "lady wipes" finished today. I was going to do a rolled hem, but decided that a narrow zig zag stitch all the way around would be enough. Now after washing I am beginning to wonder about my choice.

Here is the stack of leftover flannelette fabric I found to  use.

There are 36 rather large squares that I can use. I decided that they will be a last resort if I can't find any toilet  paper and am close to running out. If they are never used I will recut and use in other projects.

I have done some of my  bucket list. Made the heart for my front window.


Cleaned up the pots and pans. I think I will make some fabric inserts to put between them at some point during this period of social distancing.

I have also done a bit of baking, more to follow over the next few days.

Today was two banana nut loaves and tomorrow I plan on making 2 rhubarb loaves. Got to get the frozen rhubarb used up to make room for the fresh this spring.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.


3 comments:

  1. Great idea to make wipes. I may be sacrificing my husband's oldest flannel shirts to do the same!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My freezer has become a treasure chest of hidden goodies, thank heavens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm impressed at your walking. I'm such a wuss, it has to be near 0 before I'll wander out. And since I prefer to walk in the morning, it's been too cold for me.

    Yum, the banana bread looks good. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete