Sunday, March 15, 2020

Sunday Ramblings

It has been a snowy day here at the old homestead. I have kept busy sewing a laundry bag for Kris. Though I do think it might be a bit long for him to be able to handle on crutches. I have also been packing for my trip back up to see him and get his garbage and apartment cleaned.

Now that we have 6 presumptive cases of Covid-19 here in Saskatchewan things are really going crazy. 

Shelves have been emptied and I can just imagine what the stores are like in Regina where the last 2 presumptive cases were located. I did manage to pick up a few more items for Kris to help keep him fed for at least another week or two. 

Kurt, our oldest son, teaches in Alberta and is planning on doing some stocking up at some point today. He is worried though, as schools have now been closed indefinitely and they are not set up in the division for video conferencing or having the Grade 12 students write their diploma exams. He says it is going to be a logistical nightmare. He figures they will learn more tomorrow when they get to the school. Hopefully their Education Minister helps a great deal. He is also very worried about his Dad and I as we are in the age group mostly affected by the virus. 

We are living through times that will forever change us.

I have a to do list in the worst case scenario of things to keep me occupied and busy. Of course there are always walks in the fresh air, sewing, knitting, reading and watching old television series. I hope to add to it as time progresses.

Everybody have a wonderful evening. Stay safe.

God bless.

3 comments:

  1. Agreed, we are living in times which will change us. It can be a good change, I hope it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do have to run out today to grab a few things and will see for myself whether the shelves are clearing out. For the most part I need food/litter for the cats as I have sufficient food to keep my son and I fed for some time.

    He is still working, though I understand in other parts of the country his employer has sent people home. Hope Kurt the answers needed from the Minister of Education.

    Stay safe and well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, for sure, we are all in this together.

    Glad you have projects.

    Shelves are empty, because people did not see the common sense possibility. Why????????? It was in China. It moved to Europe and the US. Italy has been closed down.

    Why didn't people get basic needs, for a possible time period, of being inside???

    Sorry, but I just can't understand it.

    Stay wise, clam, safe.
    Turn off the ๐Ÿ˜ฑscreaming๐Ÿ˜ฑ sources.
    Listen to your local County Public Health source.
    ๐Ÿƒ๐ŸŒท๐ŸŒฑ๐ŸŒท๐Ÿƒ

    ReplyDelete