Sunday, November 7, 2021

Sunday Ramblings

 

After a dismal, cloudy day the sun is now shining and taking a short walk was wonderful. Not too many days are left that we can enjoy such weather here on the prairies of Canada. Believe me I am going to take advantage of them for as long as I possibly can.

Using up what is in the freezer for leftovers is stretching my know leftover recipes. I have been trying a few new ones and while some have been a great success, others were dismal failures. One can always learn from their mistakes and the failures might be tweaked and tried once again.

I counted my savings and I hope to have enough to purchase my loom right after Christmas, along with all the accoutrements. Not sure which I am going to try for... 

I have more than enough for this one

Plus all that I would need to be able to use it, shuttles, warp cord. You name it I could get it.

My heart wishes for one much bigger than this and a floor model. Of course I don't have room for such a thing so I will keep looking for something larger but not a floor model.

If I go with the smaller model I could probably get a sock loom as well.



This is something I have wanted for many years now and might as well get one and enjoy it while I can. 

I can see wall hangings, runners, perhaps even a smallish rug and lots and lots of quickly knit socks. Another hobby to keep me occupied and out of trouble. 

I am off to have another little walk before the sun goes down and the temperatures drop. 

Everybody have a wonderful evening. 

God bless.

4 comments:

  1. There is so much you could make with a loom that size! I'm looking forward to seeing what you do make when you get one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your creativity knows no bounds. I look forward to seeing the projects you make when you have your loom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to be able to make socks too with a loom. The lady who post at Frugal Measures has one and her socks are really nice. It would definitely keep us out of trouble. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe you'll be lucky and there will be a loom under the tree for you at Christmas.

    ReplyDelete