Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Thrifty Tuesday

 

A few thrifty past times this past week.


I mended a quilts binding, turned a collar on one of Harvey's shirts and once again darned a pair of socks.

I am on a quest to use up items that have languished in the fridge or pantry too long. I took a box of Rice a Roni from the pantry, added some frozen peas and some diced leftover ham from the fridge freezer for supper this past Sunday.

Today I used up most of a head of cabbage that has been in the fridge for awhile by making 4 trays of Lazy Cabbage Rolls. We had one for supper tonight.

I finished off a box of slightly stale crackers by making them into crumbs and using them to bread my salmon patties the last time I made them.

Did up the budget for this month and we are $600.00 (about) under total budget for the month. Groceries were actually under budget by a bit. I am going to try and get that lower yet.


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

4 comments:

  1. Your post has prompted me to go through our cupboards and find out what needs to be used up. I know we have some crackers that are going stale. Congratulations on being under your total budget. Since the pandemic we have started keeping much closer track of our spending.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to check the cupboards every now and then. I did mine recently and found one or two horrors hiding at the back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. under budget is always a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this 'use it up' idea. We're trying hard to not waste, because I got sticker shock at the meat prices again today. Well done on being under budget!

    ReplyDelete