Sunday, November 21, 2021

Sunday Ramblings


 It has been another quiet day on the old homestead. 

I managed to get two short walks in today, but it is very cold out. This is the coldest day we have had so far this new winter season. I really need to get my heavier winter coat (good for -40 C temperatures) mended. It will probably get done on Tuesday when I do my usual mending. I am collecting quite a pile as well as a smaller pile of ironing.

Harvey goes to the hospital lab tomorrow for blood work and a check up on his heart. Since it is fasting blood work he was lucky enough to get in early and I will be waking him up very early for him as well.

I finished one pair of oven mitts and have got the second set pinned and ready to go tomorrow. I may make Harvey a pair for the BBQ but the padding will be slightly different. That along with the carpenters apron and a gift of money to our Salvation Army will be his gift this year. That is unless I can figure something to add to the pile.

I started Kris's blanket last night and I hope to work on it again tonight. I know it won't be finished this month, but I think I could at least get some of the smaller projects done in the afternoon. Playing catch up here once again.

My chicken is roasting along with the potatoes. Instead of carrots though, which are usually part of a roast meal in this house, we are going to have some new to us frozen mixed veggies. Hope Harvey likes them. 

I am finding it difficult to realize that because we are fully vaccinated (and can get our booster shot in a week and a bit) that we can go out to eat. I just don't feel safe as of yet. Yesterday we had 10 new cases in our small area of the province and I am sure when I look today we will have more. I think we might just turn out to be the epicenter of a new outbreak. Mostly because of those who don't believe in wearing a mask or getting the vaccination. I am so tired of the up and down.


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

6 comments:

  1. Like you I am not eating out yet. I've had three shots. I had a coffee at a semi-outdoor café earlier this month but that's as far as I will stretch it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same Jackie, even though we have had every shot including the booster, I still dont feel safe eating out, unless it is outdoors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The feeling of being uncomfortable in restaurants, I think will last some time yet. I did eat out on Saturday and it felt weird.

    Fingers crossed there isn't a serious outbreak in your community, that it can be kept limited to a small group of people. I'm with you, I'm so tired of all of this and especially of those who refuse to cooperate so we can get past this sooner rather than later.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're not eating out yet either and likely won't for the foreseeable future. We're just now starting to feel safe enough to spend Thanksgiving with our vaccinated relatives- the two kids will have each gotten their first vaccines as well (and my daughter gets #2 and I get my booster the next day!). Our case numbers are pretty good where I'm at, but there are still people out there not doing the right thing, so restaurants just aren't worth the risk to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the gifts you are giving your family. I am also doing aprons/oven mitts and also a cookbook with family recipes only the ones I am making are for our seven grandkids. Last year was a quilt for each of them.

    Also .. still not feeling secure to head out for dinner .. have the vaccines but .. yeah .. not ready yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We're not even considering eating out either - our son is a chef and he's warned us not to, despite the rate of vaccination. Booster shot for DH in mid-January (hopefully) and mine will be sometime in February...at least according to the current guidelines.

    ReplyDelete