Tuesday, November 9, 2021

Thrifty Tuesday


Getting colder here and my morning walk is a bit chilly. I will keep going out until we have a snowfall. That could be sooner than we wish though, so I will more than likely be putting on my shorts, heading downstairs and using the treadmill very soon.

My back has been acting up today. I can sit for short periods of time and then have to get up and walk around. I think it might be from getting on my hands and knees and scrubbing the floor yesterday. Hopefully tomorrow will be better, much better cause I don't think I could take another day of this (actually it has been two days now and the scrubbing probably just aggravated the problem).

So what thrifty things have I been up to this week.

I am still on a use it up rampage on the fridge freezer. It's actually coming along very well. Soon most bags of meat will be gone, and I will have a handle on the situation. Of course I always say this and then things get away from me.

I have saved more twist ties from the produce bags (why are they so much longer than others), and saved the produce bags to use when Kris brings Eiko for a visit, they make excellent kitty litter bags.

Saving the cardboard tubes to make some toque decorations and to wind certain yarns on. Extras will be taken to the school to be used by teachers/students for art projects.

There are probably more, but can't think of them right now. Must get up and walk a bit.


Everybody have a wonderful evening. 

God bless.







4 comments:

  1. I’m sorry your back is hurting you and hope it gets better quickly, Jackie. I don’t like it when I’ve hurt my back as it takes days to feel better.

    I save those twist ties too, you never know when you will need one to repair something.

    We’re working on emptying our freezer too. We are getting there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My freezer is jam packed but that is because I have been filling it with items for the holidays. Come January it should be practically empty. I also use the plastic bags from the store for kitty litter and have a large basket filled with twist ties. They are especially good in the warmer months for tying up plants and vegetables to garden stakes. One thing I always do is when I am at the grocery store, I always ask for paper bags. Then I donate them to thrift stores for their use.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your back is some better today. It sounds like you may have strained it somehow.

    Great idea about the produce bags. I've been using grocery bags for years but those will soon be gone. I suspect produce bags will disappear too at some point but for now those will be a great alternative and much cheaper than purchasing small garbage bags.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear your back is giving you trouble - hopefully it gets better quickly. No more hands and knees scrubbing for awhile!

    ReplyDelete