Friday, January 6, 2023

Frugal Friday

 I am feeling better every day. I only needed a tiny lay down this afternoon, and I woke up at 4:30 unable to fall back asleep. Slight cough, but much better than at the beginning of the week. Could I really be on the mend? I certainly hope so.



What frugal things have been happening on the old homestead over the past week.


1.  I put $3.55 in the savings jars.

2.  Added $70.00 to my savings envelope.

3.  Downloaded 3 free books to my ereader.

4.  Line dried as much as possible on the lines downstairs.

5.  Using up more bits and bobs of yarn making blankets. I am also using up some of my stash making a prayer shawl for one of Kurt's close friends. 

6.  Walking for free exercise in the house.


Everybody have a wonderful evening. 

God bless.

7 comments:

  1. I only use the dryer for towels, I like soft towels.

    I too am working on blankets and then I'll start on baby things because a lot of coworkers are planning babies in the next two years.

    Still feeding our oldest son most nights but he brings groceries. It's hard to cook for one and we always have leftovers, so I'm glad of the company

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Nice frugality and nice improvement in your health.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had a good day. We were given a free chair that actually is nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds much more optimistic - I'm so glad. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very glad that you're feeling better!
    My mile-a-minute afghan is gobbling up quite a bit of my odd bits of stash and I think once it's done I'll likely be forced to actually BUY some new yarn for any further projects.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year, playing catch up. Thinking of spring & gardens now in the deep of the winter months.

    ReplyDelete