Friday, January 20, 2023

Frugal Friday

 


A bit of a scare this morning, the power went out. Of course it being first thing after I got up I had a bit of a problem getting lighting on. I finally grabbed the flashlight and managed to light the candles. Even though the house is well insulated and the temperature was not outrageous things started to cool off quickly. My toes were getting a bit chilled even though I was wrapped in a quilt. 


1.  The sun came out a couple of days and I took full advantage. Drapes open, lights all off and the house being heated through the big south facing windows. 

2.  Baked bread and used up a loaf that had been languishing in the freezer since before Christmas.

3.  Did some short walks outside for fresh air and a bit of outside exercising. 

4.  Using up leftovers in other meals and in making new meals.

5.  Working on finishing unfinished projects and gathering any bits and pieces leftover from those projects to use in new projects.

6.  Combined errands (braved the rather icy roads) and got all my shopping done in one day. Saved the wear and tear on the car as well as gas.

7.  Used the drying lines downstairs and am thinking of asking Harvey if there is any way he could make me a drying rack so even more can me dried.

8.  Used up a tube of hand cream. I cut it open to scrape out the last little bit. I did the same with my tube of toothpaste.


That's about all for this week. Except my shopping was probably the lowest it has been in a very long time. I even managed to purchase a few things in my quest to get a years supply of certain items stored away.


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

6 comments:

  1. Living in an apartment means we don't have anywhere for any sort of drying rack or line, but we got a second shower curtain rod (the expansion type) and put it over the tub and we then use hangers to put our laundry there to dry. Haven't paid to use the dryers in the building laundry room for three years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no. I hope your power was restored shortly afterwards. I'm back to replenishing my stockpile too. I'd love to know which items you are stocking up on. I'm focusing on HBA and non-perishables.

    Happy belated anniversary to you & Harvey. May you be blessed with many more. Stay safe & warm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your power outage was short lived. Darn good thing it didn't occur on a really cold day.
    I haven't been out yet since returning home from the cruise early yesterday morning. There was freezing rain, and I suspect the city has done it's less than stellar job of cleaning the streets...I'll find out later when I go out to pick up groceries.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Having a years supply of certain items on hand is a terrific goal. I hope your power was restored quickly. We lose power here about once a month or so. It’s frustrating but we’ve come to accept it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a very good frugal week. I hope your power came back on okay.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have a bunch of most household items, so I feel pretty good about that. We also had a week of low grocery spending, which is always a win.

    ReplyDelete